After much thought, I have designed and about to start delivering a photography mentoring course to a cohort of photographers who show potential in the photography craft. The last six months have shown me how important it is to impart and share skills & qualities. Some might call this a legacy. Either way, investing in people is one of the most meaningful things we can do and if I could share and impart some of the skills, experience and knowledge that I have learnt as a photographer then that would be meaningful for me.
The course is six months long and consists of the following:
- 6 modules in total that blend theory with practice) with a face to face teaching (online) every other weekend night (bi weekly) lasting one hour.
- Weekly photography skill tasks related to module material that participants submit to me and & I provide feedback.
- Working towards a final portfolio project that will be submitted at end of the course.
- Weekly tasks of reading material/books/theory related to photography.
- Monthly personal video call to reflect on progress and other aspects of development
I will deliver this course from where I live in England using online teaching software by drawing upon my experience as a lecturer at universities in the UK and Hong Kong and of virtual learning environments/online teaching platforms.