After much thought, I designed and started delivering a photography mentoring course to a cohort of photographers who show potential in the photography craft. The last six months have shown me how important it is to impart and share skills & qualities. Some might call this a legacy but either way, investing in people is one of the most meaningful things we can do and if I could share and impart some of the skills, experience and knowledge that I have learnt as a photographer then that would be meaningful for me.
The course is six months long and consists of the following:
- 6 modules in total that blend theory with practice with online teaching videos every other week (bi weekly) lasting 30 minutes each
- Weekly photography skill tasks related to module material that participants submit to me for feedback.
- Working towards a final portfolio project that will be submitted at end of the course and be part of an exhibition to show your work.
- Weekly tasks of reading material/books/theory related to photography.
- Monthly personal video call to reflect on progress and other aspects of development
I am delivering this course from where I live in the UK using online teaching methods by drawing upon my academic experience as a lecturer at universities both in the UK and Hong Kong and of virtual learning environments/online teaching platforms. The first cohort started in March 2020 and is full to capacity but I am now considering another intake from April 2020. If you are interested in this course and want more details and/or want to sample view one of the teaching videos then let me know by sending me a message here