Mira follows the journey of a spirited Nepali village girl on her pursuit to being a world-recognised mountain runner. Growing up in a remote village in Nepal, Mira always dreamed of being successful in sport. When she was older she travelled the long distance to Kathmandu to try her luck. Out of pocket, she was about to return home to her village, when by chance on a morning run, she meets another runner who tells her about a long running race in the local hills. She not only takes first place but also begins to realise her tough mountain village upbringing has prepared her perfectly for this sport.
This short, colourful documentary, filmed in Hong Kong, Nepal and Australia, tells the story of Mira’s speedy rise in the world of mountain running.
Film Release Date: March 30th 2016
Available in: English/Nepali, Chinese, Italian, French, & Korean
- Winner of Audience Choice Award – Mountain Film Festival Bergfilmnacht 2018
- Best Film in Mountain Sports – Ladek Film Festival 2018
- Grand Prize – Vancouver International Mountain Film Festival 2017
- Parkstad Limburg Jury Award – Dutch Mountain Film Festival 2017
- Prix du Dépassement de Soi – Les Diablerets International Film Festival 2016
- Best Film in Mountain Culture – New Zealand Mountain Film Festival 2016
- Winner of Emerging Talent Award – Alaska International Film Awards 2016
- Winner of Audience Choice Award – Kathmandu International Mountain Film Festival 2016.
- Finalist – BANFF Mountain Film Festival 2016
- Finalist at Kendal Mountain Film Festival 2016
- Finalist at the 34th Mountain Film Festival of Torelló 2016
‘Mira’ was also selected to be part of the BANFF World Tour 2017 which is the largest mountain festival and film tour that spans the globe, reaching about 500,000 people through more than 1,000 screenings in 500 locations, in 42 countries.